Today, I am able to fulfil all of my suppressed desires and feelings without any restrictions. As I vent out each one of my desires, I realised the vast amount of aspirations bottled up inside me.
The first desire was obviously to do well in my studies. It got fulfilled spontaneously when I emerged as a topper of my college. Then, I was keen on landing a suitable job. I just uploaded my first CV on a job portal & next day I got a call for a vacancy in ‘MIS Cell’ of a private company. I started as a management trainee and soon realised that I am enjoying it thoroughly because I was taking fervent interest in learning my new job and today I am what I am :)
After having found the job and settled there for almost 4 years, like all good girls I got married & brought lot of happiness to my parents.
Then I decided ,it’s time to live my life to its fullest and uncage my suppressed desires. Money is not the source of happiness. Happiness comes from fulfilling your desires. After getting married, the first thing I wanted was a house of my own. We managed to purchase a small abode and I set about to give a free rein to my creativity in decorating & furnishing my house. I felt I had nurtured a stack of desires as an unmarried girl which has suddenly found an outlet. My first few acquisitions naturally, were the furniture, matching upholstery, console tables, artefacts, etc. The next thing on my agenda was choosing the right size and colour of the pots for the indoor plants. I am glad to tell you that today, I have 200 plus plants at home.
Having set up my home and gained appreciation of my friends and colleagues,it gave me the impetus to move on to the next steps. I have always wanted to drive my own car. I went and enrolled myself for driving classes. I had to undergo the driving instructors harshness and scoldings but I persevered and today I have my own little car and I'm driving confidently in the unruly traffic of Pune.
After a few days I realised that driving a car was not challenging, I wanted to do something more adventurous and thrilling.So, I decided to ride a bike. In spite of my hectic schedule, I took out time to ride my husband’s bike and guess what !! keep guessing :)
I believe that suppressed intense desires / feelings can carry a heavy emotional toll.It makes you feel that your life is incomplete, routinely boring and meaningless - just another face in the crowd. Set your desires free from restraints, and you will feel like a bird soaring in the sky.





Great going. it aptly reinforces your blog title 'Uncaged Feelings'. Wasn't blogging one of your desires?
ReplyDeleteHello Sir ,
DeleteHow have you been ? Blogging, Staying fit, Cooking, Painting, Travelling (there is a laundry list of desires). I am planning to capture them in my next blog & am so glad that you took out time to stop by :)
Well written and inspiring write-up Anushikha! Looking forward to read more from you....
ReplyDelete