When I think of rains, images conjure in my mind about soaked soil, lush greenery , flowers with water droplets, floating paper boats, wet roads, mysterious birds that appear in the monsoon, ginger tea, kanda bhajiya and so on. When monsoon rolls around, don’t you feel like humming songs - ‘lagi aaj sawan ki phir wo jhadi hai, wahi aag seene mein phir jal padi hai…' or 'bhigi bhigi raton mein , meethi meethi bato mein aisa lagta hai tum banke badal…' closing your eyes, with arms wide open, embracing each drop of the rain?
To me there is no other season more romantic than the monsoon. It makes me sentimental, yearning and wistful because the onset of monsoon coincides with the reopening of schools and brings to mind the smell of the new books (fresh from the press) which evokes nostalgic memories of childhood days when trivial things like catching a glimpse of the rainbow and the colour of the rubber rain wear made us extremely excited.
Even today monsoon is the same, but now, I find pleasure in long drives up a hill, sights of water streams flowing down a hill, and stopping by tapris for ek chuski chai (A sip of ginger tea). When it’s raining cats and dogs out there, I love to grab my coffee, a good book and curl up and chill.. Monsoon has already hit my part of the world and I have decided to brush up on some of my favourite monsoon recipes.
As we evolve, what was exciting for us at one stage or phase, of our life may not be so in the next. When you let go of an old hobby and try something new, you step into a whole new world . Therefore, I decided to take up various hobbies like doing up my house, DIY creative items, painting, gardening, blogging, and finally photography, as I didn't want my hobbies to lose their zing…
I am sure many of you would have gone through a similar phase but didn't understand or considered it idiosyncrasies . I would be delighted if you shared your experiences , especially about the monsoon




Looking at children playing in the rain and remembering my own childhood....jahan apni hi alg ek duniya thi...chahe kagaz ki hi sahi ...apni ek kashti hua krti thi....wo kagaz ki kashti..wo barish ka pani...koi lauta de wo bachpan k pyare din :)
ReplyDeleteI can completely relate with your emotions Swati. Thanks for stopping by..
ReplyDeleteNice post with beautiful pics.. Keep it up
ReplyDeleteबारीश आती है पतझड़ के बाद .. जो पुरानी बातें है उनको छोड़ के नये से जिंदगी शुरू करने की उमंग जगाती है ये बारीश .. हर पेड़ हर चीज़ पर नया रंग चढ़ जाता है .. हर जगह खुशिया फैला देती है ये बारीश …
Sandhya Mane
Wow I am stumped with the way you have expressed Sandhya
DeleteExcellent write up. I wish you had posted more monsoon pics lke children in rain -wear, enjoying rain, droplets on leaves etc.
ReplyDeleteReminds me of my childhood days when we enjoyed the rain. Today, we hear only monsoon woes and curses, for water logged and potholed roads, traffic-jams, floods, fallen trees and disrupted electricity.