Unrestrained Emotions !

Unrestrained Emotions !
Home/ Décor/ Pets/ Travel /Work

Sunday, 17 August 2014

Roo-ba-roo roshni....Dedicated to my FIL


In our day to day life, we come across scores of people who work hard, earn their dues for it and live a happy life but how many times have you come across persons who work diligently for others without expecting any remuneration for it. And many a times the first reaction of people is – You have to be out of your head !

My father in law is one such person. Today he is in ill-health with limited means of support(financial/physical/emotional) but has no regrets. On the contrary others have regrets for him, they don't even hesitaste in asking what have you gained. He says, “my gain is, the blessing of the people whom I helped which has been inherited by my children”.

 
 
 His service to the underprivileged earned him “The Best Citizen Award” .He dedicated his entire life to serving people selflessly. He is a very broad minded person, who does not believe in rituals and traditions that have no logic. He has no work deadlines to meet, no work commute, no family obligations- just him and his patients in the T.B.hospital and blind children to look after in the orphanage. His heart bleeds when he sees people living in such miserable conditions. He is of the opinion that they were not born in these conditions by choice. My father-in -law is not a doctor who could give these people health care but his small act of kindness has certainly brought smile on many faces and have made them feel wanted and loved.

 
He would donate his expensive clothes, shoes , watches, gem studded accessories, seasonal fruits, dry fruits , almost all material possessions, to patients, poor and blind people. He provided them medication, cooked sumptuous meals, helped them with bathing, shaving, ablution etc. completely unfazed by the fact that these diseases are contagious and could jeopardize his own health. He earned a lot of respect by the sweat of his brows and selfless service.

 
This spectacle was like a breath of fresh air in my life. After deep introspection, I decided to make changes in my own life. I didn’t expect to change the world but I hoped to change myself in some measure. Did I change at all ? Did I make a dent in my life ? It’s hard to quantify. One thing I can be sure of is this – My eyes have opened wider and my vision about humanity and our world has increased. Now I long to be with human beings, not computers.
 
I salute this man who believes - A life not lived for others is not a life.....So fortunate to be his Daughter-in-law...
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic. I am sure your FIL will find your last line more rewarding than the award which he received.

    ReplyDelete