Unrestrained Emotions !

Unrestrained Emotions !
Home/ Décor/ Pets/ Travel /Work

Sunday, 8 June 2014

Home makeover ideas


Whether you live in a small cozy apartment or exotic bungalow, living room breathes life into your home. It is therefore imperative that the decor of your living room be such that it leaves a lasting impression every time a person enter your home. Leave the walls white as it generate positivity and imparts space to your room where as dark colors make your room compressed. I was living in a rented flat for almost 5 years and I was feeling stifled as I couldn't decorate my home as I wanted to. I was yearning to have a place of my own where I would unleash my feelings and creativity, choice of decor etc.

And finally a day came when we managed to buy a 2 bedroom flat in Pune. It was an ordinary place with dull walls, vitrified tiles, 3 balconies.I did not hire a professional for doing up my home as I wanted my home to reflect a few shades of my personality. I decided on wooden flooring for my living room as it gives an elegant and graceful look and is also the basis for the rest of the decor. Although it is quite expensive, but was worth my efforts and expenditure.

In order to break the monotony of the white color scheme I decided to paint the window pains with vivacious colors. My first acquisition was the furniture. I got it made to order as per my taste and choice. I selected the upholstery based on the color of the floor and walls.I have an inclination towards rose wood color so I chose the shade of my furniture as dark brown and picked up cream colored curtains that were really going well with the home decor.


Plants in the living room helps you to bring nature into the living room.Green color symbolizes freshness and breath of life. The next thing on my agenda was choosing the right size and tint of the pots for the indoor plants. I went hunting around for the right choice. After picking up the pots I went looking around the nurseries for the right kind of plants that will augment the settings and are easy to maintain.

An antique mirror could accentuate the look of my living room hence I bought a piece of huge mirror which had broad golden edges. A mirror never tells lies. When I see myself in the mirror I feel rejuvenated. Do I see myself changing everyday which no body else is able to notice or capture.


I decided to buy a beautiful floral wall sticker for the protruding beam as it will catch one's eye as soon as you enter my living room. It is nothing very extortionate but is definitely a mood elevator.The colorful stones in the tempered glass pot reflects my changing moods and feelings.......always bright and beautiful.The plant in the pot is growing at a fast pace as if I want to reach the zenith of my exuberant feelings.

Discordant color makes it noticeable hence the vibrant orange colored texture wall. Life is dull if it is not lit up. This pendant bamboo lamp seems like an ordinary dull piece but when it is lit up it will show what light can do to your life.It will lift up your spirits. The Buddha statue at my home signifies peace and depicts universal goodness transcending into you when you are at peace.


After toiling for 10 hours in the office do I look forward to going home or is it just a house ?
It is definitely a home !!!!!
When I enter my living room I start living again. All my toil, tiredness, traffic snarls,noise,irritation are forgotten the moment I reach home. Creativity is not magical and mystical. It is just a moment that transforms ordinary into extra ordinary things.

6 comments:

  1. Incredibly beautiful . The tips can do wonders without expending exorbitantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well start. It isn't seems your first blog as words you've chosen and the way of writing is very professional. Peoples can feel your place as they are setting in your living room by just reading your blog. Well done. Looking forward to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chandan . I am on cloud nine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome is the only word that describes your creativity and imagination. Incredible work done !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I know a person...hhmmm..professional who can consult me for my home decor...incredible. .kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good one Anushikha.. very impressive work ... both blog n interior !! - Rashmi

    ReplyDelete